Been fighting and chasing oil leak for the past year. Changed all of the seals less the exhaust cam (due to the trouble of realigning the gear), resealed the pan, cleaned the PCV system still leaking, took in into a local Volvo shop where they said it was the front lower main seal which was only a year old. Guess what still leaking after $700! Took it back and they said the crankcase pressure was at the upper limit and that the PCV may be restricted. For $1500 they could replace the box and hose. I ordered the kit fro IPD and replaced the box, elbows, and hose assy. also checked the passageways in the block to make sure they were clear and they where. Still leaks like a sieve from the front of the engine some where.

My question is regarding the valve on the intake hose just above the turbocharger that the PCV hose ties into. I guess that it opens and closes under different conditions controlling when the PCV vents into the intake. I think that this valve is faulty but do not know how it operates so kind of hard to check it to make sure its operating correctly.

When the shop was checking for leaks they could not see any leaks at idle but after driving for 20 min on the highway the bottom was covered in oil. I think that when the pressures come up during high revs and load and the valve is not allowing the PCV system to vent causing this mess.

Jeremy