Default Need Help 2005 XC70 transmission problem

car has 105,000 miles and just put new tires and brakes... is it worth the 4500 for a Transmission repair at the dealer or do I try to trade it in for another car. We love the car but will this be the lead in for a money pit?

The check engine service light came on last week and the transmission was slipping at high speed not its anytime I give it gas to get on a highway, if you give it light gas it is not that bad.

Please help... Just don't have the money for this .. seems better to pay 4500 then trade it in for a used what ever for about 20000 plus car. but used car would have 30000 mile not 105000. really bummed we love the car but this may be my last volvo. I've had 4 over last 25 yrs but last two seemed to have major dollar items at about 110000 miles..

I heard the repair is 50/50 at transmission shops... I think dealer even though it cost more is worth comfort if we do fix it??

JohnV have you read the stickys about transmission flushing? - http://www.volvoxc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12169
    MY05 XC70: +4C+DSTC +Premium Pkg +Zimmerman Coated+Ceramic +General UHP+Rims +IPD Solid Strut Conv. +IPD Poly Mounts +IPD HD TCV +IPD HDCoils

Quote Originally Posted by dpaton View Post
    JohnV have you read the stickys about transmission flushing? - http://www.volvoxc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12169
    what he's trying to say, is how do you know you need a new tranny? your model year is not the one with the tranny problems.

Usually a tranny fluid flush, replacing broken engine and tranny mounts does the trick. Also make sure you have the latest tranny module software, before you replace the tranny. The cost of all this should be no more than $200, especially if you do it yourself.