Default Cheapest price for 02 XC70 Brake Booster

Well the saga continues - if anyone read my previous post of jumping into the Volvo family this month after spending almost 20 driving Saabs, you'll know that I bought my 02 XC three weeks ago, put 152 miles on her along with having her a whopping 19 hours before having to have it towed to my indy to figure out while my oil light was on.

Long story short, the crank seal had been put on wrong (negotiated in the sale as preventive maintenance) in addition to my mechanic replacing the O rings in the oil pump along with a broken motor mount and a torque rod. After almost 2.5 weeks in the shop and $1100 later, I got her back Tuesday night.

I drove her yesterday (now with a whopping 225 miles on it as me the owner) when I heard hissing from the brake pedal. Yep, looks like I'm going back to my shop to have the booster replaced.

My indy allows me to bring my own parts so... where's the cheapest place to buy one? The majority of the cheaper ones I've seen don't have the DSTC on them. I used to buy all my Saab parts from Eeuroparts and they have one listed for $550. Is that the best I will do?

Come on Volvo, I really did my homework. I have every maintenance record during the life of the vehicle. I never expected in my first tank of gas owning it, I would be deciding between paying my mortgage or paying her repair bills. Just kidding but really, the bleeding has to stop.

I've looked at the instructions on how to change it out myself, but I'm kind of scared to try it.

Thanks all

Jeni

You can try Chilled Man - one of our forum members, or Erie Vovo - they have a lot of good used parts.

Jeni - sounds like you purchased a bit of a lemon. Where are you located? Is it a manual transmission or automatic? If it is an automatic, are you aware of the issues the 01-02 model has with the transmission? If you're in the US, are you aware of the lemon laws i.e. a dealership or a used car retailer sells you a car, and if it has more issues, they pay for ALL repairs - especially since you haven't had it that long.

Advance Auto Parts has remanned ones for $177.
    Give them a call and see.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...S_391426265___
    2002 V70XC w/volvoXC.com stickers! MTE Stage 3+

Quote Originally Posted by ifnt420 View Post
    Advance Auto Parts has remanned ones for $177.
    Give them a call and see.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...S_391426265___

But don't I need the one WITH DSTC? This one states it does not come with traction control. If I really can get away this cheap, I'm buying beer for everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Forkster View Post
    You can try Chilled Man - one of our forum members, or Erie Vovo - they have a lot of good used parts.

Jeni - sounds like you purchased a bit of a lemon. Where are you located? Is it a manual transmission or automatic? If it is an automatic, are you aware of the issues the 01-02 model has with the transmission? If you're in the US, are you aware of the lemon laws i.e. a dealership or a used car retailer sells you a car, and if it has more issues, they pay for ALL repairs - especially since you haven't had it that long.
    Thanks for the reco's.

The dealer split the bill with me so I thought that was more than fair considering he didn't have to do anything. I know the car will be good one of these days!

It's an auto and I'm aware of the tranny issues. My indy thinks I got a good deal and he's been over it front and back since I've had it. He's like a dad to me and tells me it straight. He knows I do my homework by hanging out on the boards and is an overall great guy.

Jeni

Quote Originally Posted by jeni View Post
    But don't I need the one WITH DSTC? This one states it does not come with traction control. If I really can get away this cheap, I'm buying beer for everyone!
    Unless your MY02 was really well equipped, then most likely you DON'T have DSTC.
    Do you have a button under the Climate Control Module with DSTC on it?
    2002 V70XC w/volvoXC.com stickers! MTE Stage 3+

jeni,

look at the back of the brake booster thru the engine compartment. If it has only 1 electrical connector, then you don't have DSTC, just STC which makes the booster much cheaper.