Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

No software needed .

I just did it last week on my Bootleg copy of vadis and the VCT I have at my house.

Same with heated seat temps
    Mirror dimness
    Power Window stops
    Seat stops
    and a few other things
    2012 Ford Fusion 2004 V70XC 01 V70XC -M66 1998 C70 T5-M66

Sweet, I got charged $50 for nothing! They adjusted seats and blower overvotage and DTR's for no charge.
    The mirror they charged for and apprently lied to me!

Gotta love the stealership!

I just did it last week on my Bootleg copy of vadis and the VCT I have at my house.
    Did you bit torrent your copy?

Alex

btw - OP - sorry about the hi-jack,

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by lexefx View Post
    Sweet, I got charged $50 for nothing! They adjusted seats and blower overvotage and DTR's for no charge.
    The mirror they charged for and apprently lied to me!

Gotta love the stealership!
    They charged you for their time, most do

Bill is right, It seems for seat heater there are software, at least for my car VIN, but again the list shows a software for French or English software, but i got it done for free!

Last edited by kamiar; 03-27-2010 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JRL View Post
    Look, There's no point into arguing about this, what you are reading is a MISPRINT.
    I can't tell you how many P2 cars I've had adjusted (20-30-50, I really don't know over the years), and there is no software required.

Everytime I buy a P2 Volvo, either for myself (which each one always gets adjusted), or for resale, (which if it needs to go on the machine, then I do these adjustments), it gets done.
    Most of the time I stand there while my guy does it and trust me, NO software.

If there was, believe me I would be charged for it, software is not free!
    While I may get these things done for no labor charges, [U]software would automatically be charged, if there is/was some required software, to my account.
    I'm not arguing. I just know what I've read and seen. So you are saying that it is a misprint in regard to the forum's provided documentation and that VIDA is incorrect in specifying a piece of software with a part number? Have you considered that it might be a part of a standard load for US cars only?

I can tell you that my Canadian market '02 did not have it and I was looking at the VADIS screen that was hooked up at the time. That particular bit of VADIS had the three options and allowed you to check them off. In my case, when we did try to change the setting, a message came up that the car did not have the necessary load to allow for the change. Now I had an indy do this and he did not have access to the Volvo God database that allowed access to the software repository so I am still running the default value.

In any event, I know what I saw and all I can tell you is that I'm reading in the documentation and VIDA that software is involved. That software then allows three options. So I'm not sure where you are coming from with the misprint but I might suggest that you and your guy sit down with VIDA and check it out. Frankly, I think its BS that this kind of thing should be charged for and for that matter that the settings need to be changed using the God device. But as many know I got a real bitch with the whole VIDA thing anyway when it comes to non-emissions-related changes

Cheers,

Bill
    Western Head, NS CDN

'08 BMW 750i (Black Sapphire)-204K kms to-date
    '05 XC70 (Lava Sand)-296K kms to-date
    '02 V70XC-gone @393K kms
    '05 V70R (Magic Blue)-120K mi to-date - gone
    '96 854R (Red)-real CDN-spec 5-speed R - gone @270k kms
    And other Volvos and misc. Euro stuff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12