Default Mobile 1 75w90 rear axle?

I was checking the rear axle fluid and it looks like it needs just a little fluid to top off. I have Mobile 1 75w90 Syn and wonder if I can use that to top off. Not a full change and I don't know how much I need to put in. Can I do this with out trashing something or going to the dealer to buy a quart of something I may never use again.

AFAIK the Mobil 1 will work fine as it is GL-5. You should have no problem topping off with that, many members use the Mobil 1 75W-90 in their bevel gear and rear differential without issue. With this application you just fill up until the fluid starts to dribble out of the fill hole. While you are at it I would drain and refill the bevel gear fluid with the 75W-90 syn. Good luck and I hope that helps!

Thanks for the reply. I have the Mobile 1 75w-90LS left over from the bevel gear change last fall. I was just changing the oil and checked the Bevel gear again and was checking the rear axle. Nothing had come out so I was just looking for a top off. The Mobile 1 Syn 75w-90 LS states it's for regular and limited slip applications. It sounds like what the book calls for so I just used it and only a few pumps was all that was needed to top off. I also changed the Tranny fluid with the newer Mobile 1 Multi-vehicle ATF that shows 3309 and Toy type compatable. Old stuff was darker but I bought this car last summer for my wife and not sure on all the maint history. Figured if I can start out with as clean a slate as possible will head off any problems.

Thanks again.

John