Default Warranty on 2001 V70 XC ETM

Hi-
    I suspect the ETM on my 2001 V70 XC is going bad. I have read that Volvo extended the warranty to 10 years 200,000 miles. What is not clear to me though is whether that transfers to second owners of the car. We purchased the car new.

Does anyone know?

Thx

Yes, it does transfer to subsequent owners. However, I once inquired about this and was told that Volvo will not replace the ETM until after some prerequisite repairs have been attempted without success. These other repairs (cleaning throttle body, etc) will cost you money unless the rest of your engine is still under warranty. At the end of the process, it's possible it'll be more expensive to get the ETM replaced under warranty than if you just bought a new ETM yourself.
    2001 Volvo V70XC
    Venitian Red/Beige
    Cold Weather/Touring/Premium packages
    08/01 Build Date

Thanks. I did just call the dealership to verify. At this point I'm probably best off taking the chance that the net cost of replacing it under warranty with some other costs is the best option.

This is the 6th Volvo I've owned and I've never been to a dealership so we'll have to see how this goes. My others have all been 240's and 940's so this is my first venture into the modern era.

Thanks
    J