Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I have used both the iPd hose and Stylin' motors hoses and both seem sufficient in wall thickness. I would definitely go with silicone; I know my 01 has pretty high miles, but I noticed a difference after installation of new hoses. It's worth a shot to try the boostcontroller.com hose and see how it works!

I've heard one of the lines is a bitcz to replace. Did you do all of yours yourself?

The boostcontroller hose seems more affordable than IPD, but they have a 10' minimum. I'm sure I can make use of the excess somewhere.
    I'm applying my hard-earned (more like bought) knowledge to a 2004 XC90 2.5T.
    Read about my adventures at http://volvoxc90site.com

Quote Originally Posted by JayPinNC View Post
    I've heard one of the lines is a bitcz to replace. Did you do all of yours yourself?

The boostcontroller hose seems more affordable than IPD, but they have a 10' minimum. I'm sure I can make use of the excess somewhere.
    Replacing 2 out of the 3 tubes does the magic and gains the necessary power. The hard one to replace (reaching into unreachable spot) seems unnecessary.
    Past Volvos : 01 V70 T5, 01/02 V70XC, 02 V70 NA, 00 V70XC
    Current EV/Hybrid : 13 Tesla S85, 11 Gen3 Prius
    Friends cars under my care 17 Audi A4 Quattro DSG (B9) 05 Audi A4 Manual 6sp Quattro (B7) 04 e320 V6 Auto, 05 Accord 2.4, 08 Element 2.4, 08 Camry Hybrid
    Past Others : 01/03 VW MK4 Turbo/NA/01M. Gen1 Prius, Gen1 CRV, Gen2 Rav4, 02 Town&Country, 06 Corolla, 12 Audi A4 Quattro (B8), 07 Civic 1.6
    https://sites.google.com/view/howardsvolvos

Quote Originally Posted by howardc64 View Post
    Replacing 2 out of the 3 tubes does the magic and gains the necessary power. The hard one to replace (reaching into unreachable spot) seems unnecessary.
    Thanks. I found a decent turbo diagram with vacuum lines indicated. That should help - maybe.
    Last edited by JayPinNC; 09-07-2010 at 08:41 AM. Reason: I suck at typing today.
    I'm applying my hard-earned (more like bought) knowledge to a 2004 XC90 2.5T.
    Read about my adventures at http://volvoxc90site.com

Default Turbo Control Valve Location

Could some one save me some time looking for this valve and give me a general idea of its location --In advance much appreciated

It's connected to the air filter box in the engine compartment.
    MY05 XC70: +4C+DSTC +Premium Pkg +Zimmerman Coated+Ceramic +General UHP+Rims +IPD Solid Strut Conv. +IPD Poly Mounts +IPD HD TCV +IPD HDCoils

Gah!
    I can't find any reference here as to which port (1,2 & 3) connects to which color hose (yellow, blue & red). I bought all the components to do this a while ago, and now it seems that IPD has changed their design and all the instruction links are dead.
    Another question- is there any reason NOT to do this DIY project? Anybody have any bad experiences with this Grainger/Ingersoll solenoid? Did IPD change their design for any good reason? let me know what you think of yours now that it's been a few years.
    Guy Welch
    2004 XC70 90K miles
    Ash Gold Metallic/Oak
    English Shepherd option installed in rear.

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by guyeye View Post
    Gah!
    I can't find any reference here as to which port (1,2 & 3) connects to which color hose (yellow, blue & red). I bought all the components to do this a while ago, and now it seems that IPD has changed their design and all the instruction links are dead.
    Another question- is there any reason NOT to do this DIY project? Anybody have any bad experiences with this Grainger/Ingersoll solenoid? Did IPD change their design for any good reason? let me know what you think of yours now that it's been a few years.
    The installation instructions for the gen 1 TCV (Pl 367) can still be downloaded from IPD's site under product related files and downloads.

http://www.ipdusa.com/products/8900/...v-s60-v70-xc70

You might want to first try sending the OP a PM and ask him how his DIY TCV is performing up to this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Art View Post
    The installation instructions for the gen 1 TCV (Pl 367) can still be downloaded from IPD's site under product related files and downloads.

http://www.ipdusa.com/products/8900/...v-s60-v70-xc70

You might want to first try sending the OP a PM and ask him how his DIY TCV is performing up to this point.
    Thanks Art!
    HOWEVER, the link you sent is for the NEW design which uses a different solenoid.
    I'm looking for references to what color hose goes to what number port on the IngersollRand solinoid used in the DIY project originally posted in this thread.
    Your idea to PM the OP is a fine one (I usually assume everyone is like me and checks this forum obsessively!), however, if anyone else is running this DIY TCV, I'm interested in any educated consensus opinion I can get.

Cheers!
    Guy Welch
    2004 XC70 90K miles
    Ash Gold Metallic/Oak
    English Shepherd option installed in rear.

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

Sorry about that. I simply assumed that link provided instructions to the old TCV. You can still access it via the web. Google IPD TCV instructions and it should be at the top of the list.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast