Default Just need a couple of operating queries sorting

Now that we've had the car almost 6 weeks I've noted a couple of oddities :

1. How come only the rear fog lights are indicated as being on, on the dashboard ? with both fog lights on, only the rear is indicated as being on, on the dashboard.

2. Similiarly, the display on the dash for the windscreen wiper setting too. There is only an icon displayed if I'm using the rain sensor for using the wipers. If I'm using the timer nothing appears.

Why 1 but not both ? seems alittle odd, logically speaking ??

Would anyone care to offer an explanation to this Swedish way of thinking?

btw, its a 2010 XC70 2.4D

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Sunstone_XC70 View Post
    1. How come only the rear fog lights are indicated as being on, on the dashboard ? with both fog lights on, only the rear is indicated as being on, on the dashboard.

Steve
    I noticed this as well...guess that it's so irregular to use either set of fog lights...?

As you'll know it's only legal to use fog lights for approx. 30 seconds per year in Britain...Highway cose rule 226 "You MUST use headlights when visibility is seriously reduced, generally when you cannot see for more than 100 metres (328 feet). You may also use front or rear fog lights but you MUST switch them off when visibility improves (see Rule 236)"

How often is it that visibility is really less than 100 metres in Britain? More likely to get you flashed by other motorists or stopped by the piolice...

I do agree tho - it's hard to see whether the front fogs are on or not, as the little LED light is hidden away...
    2009 xc70 SE Geartronic
    2012 Land Rover Defender "Puma" 2.4
    BMW K1200RS

I think the Swedes are that TALL that they can see well over the Bonnet/Hood to determine that the Front Fog Lamps are ON!

I like you have difficulty in seeing the Front Foglights are on unless to check I turn OFF the Headlights for just part of a second on a straight road, in the dark!

Interestingly if your Rear Fogs are on and you are hitched up to a trailer, then the Rear Fogs go OUT and only the ones on the trailer are lit, but the display on the dashboard still shows them on.
    If they are still ON when you disconnect the trailer, then they light up again on the back of the car, until you turn them off or switch of the engine as that acts as a total reset.

Yes, this does seem that there is some very odd Swedish logic here. In some places their logic works very well but in other areas, its like you're trying to solve a flippin puzzle