Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default XC90 Wheels, on XC70

I realise this has been done a few times before...But mainly on Gen 2 XC70's

So - the G3 XC70 has 63.4mm hub centres, and 55mm offset.

The XC90 wheel has 67.1mm hub centres and 49mm offset.

You can easily buy 67.1 / 63.4mm "spigot rings" to amend the hub diameter (only £5 in UK).

Regards the offset - is 6mm enough to cause a problem? I'm sure you could easily fit slightly wider tyres, so I'm sure there's enough clearance...will 6mm really affect the handling?

Keen to hear your thoughts...
    2009 xc70 SE Geartronic
    2012 Land Rover Defender "Puma" 2.4
    BMW K1200RS

Here's a link: http://www.volvoxc.com/forums/showth...t=12437&page=2

ET difference of 6mm will not be a problem, in fact many people add up to 10mm front and 20mm rear spacers to the new XC70.
    2002 V70XC w/volvoXC.com stickers! MTE Stage 3+

Thanks, also had a confirmation from Jean-Claude that he's not experiencing issues regards the offset.

I'll get sorted in the next few days, and post an update...
    2009 xc70 SE Geartronic
    2012 Land Rover Defender "Puma" 2.4
    BMW K1200RS

Quote Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
    Thanks, also had a confirmation from Jean-Claude that he's not experiencing issues regards the offset.

I'll get sorted in the next few days, and post an update...
    Just to clarify: my Neptune XC90 wheels are 17X7" where the Sargas XC70 wheels are 17X7.5" wide. Since the XC70 wheels are narrower by 1/2" it is normal that the offset is different. At the end, the Neptune XC90 wheels have 12mm MORE clearance inside and have the exact same outer position than the Sargas XC70 wheels. It means the full 1/2" difference is inside the wheel and the outside of the wheel is at the same position. The plastic composite Hubcentric rims OD=67.1mm (XC90) / ID=63.4mm (XC70) I got last year worked well and did not cause any vibration. I am very happy with my winter wheels: much nicer than the dealer steel wheels and hub caps...
    Don't worry 17X7" is wide enough for 235/55/17 tires.
    Here is a picture of them (I know its dirty, here it's hard to keep a car clean in winter for more than 1 day):
    2009 XC70 T6 Black Saffire / Expresso interior
    2008 Audi TT Roadster Ibis White / Brown Baseball Optic interior

Past Volvos:
    2000 V70XC Venitien Red (sold at 185,000km)
    1994 850 Sportwagon repainted Safran orange (sold at 242,000 km)

Quote Originally Posted by beavenx5 View Post
    ... the XC70 wheels are narrower by 1/2" it is normal that the offset is different. At the end, the Neptune XC90 wheels have 12mm MORE clearance... The plastic composite Hubcentric rims OD=67.1mm (XC90) / ID=63.4mm (XC70) I got last year worked well and did not cause any vibration.
    Hey, I have to say thanks for the posts above - I have a 2008 V70 and am simply unable to find fitting wheels for my studded tires, except straight from Volvo at an outrageous price.

Now I am going to use XC90 wheels (Neptune!) which are a little bit more available.

Thanks again
    Bert

Default XC90 hub diameter 65.1mm? Or 67.1mm??

Hi

I'm in trouble. For my Nokian Hakkapeliitta 5 studded tires I ordered some nice Neptune knock-offs from a wheel place in Florida, with the intention to install them on my 2008 V70.

Based on all the information that I could find, including this thread, that should be a no-brainer. I ordered polycarbonate 67.1mm to 63.4mm hubcentric rings, but when the wheels showed up after a while, and I glanced over the labels, I immediately got worried:

I know my previous Volvos had 65.1mm hubs, as I have always been a fan of the classic Pegasus wheel which can be seen below.

But after thinking things over for over a year, I accepted reality, and went for a workable option. Or so I thought!

So, I am counting on the XC90 wheels having 67.1mm hubs with a V70/XC70 compatible offset in order to pull this off. Hubcentric rings from 65.1mm to 63.4mm do not seem to exist, although Ipd sells 65.1mm to 63.1mm rings (apparently for the C30?)

Now, the seller claims that the XC90 has 65.1mm hubs, and he even sent me a scan out of "the ultimate wheel & tire plus sizing guide", apparently one of the reference works in the industry, which states exactly what he claims:

What I now need is an opinion of one or several XC90 owners on the hub diameter.

67.1mm? 65.1mm? Something else?

Thanks a lot for your contributions.

Kind regards
    Bert

That link says 2007 Volvo V70 is the last year they're good for though... be careful. I'd personally go with Tire Rack, as they're huge, and you know for sure they have their act together.
    09 XC70 T6 - Sold

DOH!

150 bucks down the drain!

I was too fast. My mistake!

Strange they wouldn't work on later model V70's. I see a 2009 XC90 listed, you'd think all the sensors would be the same. Hopefully you'll get lucky!
    09 XC70 T6 - Sold