Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by mbsl98 View Post
    Hope this is not a revisit to the '98 XC days when the small spare apparently was the direct cause of a number of pre-Haldex system failures.
    Again, the smaller spare is meant to get you a short distance to get the full sized tire repaired. I thought only my mother in law would be dumb enough to tool around on it for any other length of time.
    2008 XC70 Black/Sandstone
    previous:
    2004 XC70 Crystal Green/Brown trade in @79K

Bob at Wilco Automotive Products says the HitchGate won't work with the 5x108 lug pattern of Volvo wheels. He said "The HitchGate will not work with your hole pattern without modifying it. We can not modify it because this is how we tested it." I wrote back to ask if they can't modify it but that it can be modified. I'll let you know.
    2008 XC70 Black/Sandstone
    previous:
    2004 XC70 Crystal Green/Brown trade in @79K

Thanks for the update OKCXC70. While the hitchgate was interesting and I could source it here in Oz, it would have been rather expensive exercise in the end. Still exploring ways of carrying the full size spare within the vehicle as our preffered option.

Tony

In the UK, my MY2009 XC70 did not even come with a "space saver" or a jack/wheel brace! We get a temporary repair kit and a compressor....

I've just bought a jack.

I have 17" Sargas wheels, so I'll be checking wether a full-size spare will fit over coming days...
    2009 xc70 SE Geartronic
    2012 Land Rover Defender "Puma" 2.4
    BMW K1200RS

Hi, after having had a flat snow tire and only a special spare, many years ago, and several hundred mils from home, I now always carry a full size spare. I currently have a 2007 XC70 like yours, on recently purchased refurbished Xenia rim, with TPMS sensor. Will a TPMS sensor on a fifth wheel always trigger a TPMS sensor service alert. I purhcased an Autel TS-601 TPMS service tool, but there is no provision for a fifth wheel of the Volvo of this year. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jim

I would still prefer to carry the spare within the vehicle, perhaps in a vertical position on one side of the cargo area.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12