Default 1998 V70XC suddenly will not start

1998 V70XC has been running great, recently check engine light came on. Stopped by Autozone and they pulled the code with OBDII code P0171 long term fuel trim. I figured I would make sure it was not just a one time code so went home and disconnected the battery for an hour and reconnected and check engine light went away for a couple days then came back on 3 days ago. Car has been driven every day with no troubles. This morning the wife went out to start the car and it just cranks over and does not start, never done this before and no prior signs of anything other than the check engine light. Would that code eventually shut down the car and if so then if I disconnect the battery again will it reset to give me a chance to fix it? If that is not the problem then can anybody give me some ideas on where to start or what to check to figure out why it suddenly will not start? Thanks

Here's the information from VADIS

P0171 EFI-231 Long-term fuel trim, part load Lower limit

Diagnostic trouble code (DTC) information EFI-231, EFI-232
    EFI-231 Long-term fuel trim, part load EFI-232 Long-term fuel trim, idling speed

Condition

The engine control module (ECM) receives information from the heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) about the fuel/air mixture in the idling and partial load ranges. If the fuel/air mixture deviates from λ=1 the short-term fuel trim will compensate for this by adjusting injection time so that λ=1 is achieved. When the short-term fuel trim makes an adjustment, the integrator median must be adjusted by the long-term trim. If adaptation needs to adjust to close to its maximum diagnostic trouble code (DTC) EFI-232 (idling range -0.48 ms - 0.40 ms) or diagnostic trouble code (DTC) EFI-231 (part load range factor 0.773 - 1.227) and the status message Upper limit (lean fuel/air mixture) or Lower limit (rich fuel/air mixture) will be stored.

Substitute value
    -none.

Possible source

UPPER LIMIT
    -defective mass air flow (MAF) sensor
    -low fuel pressure
    -air leakage
    -faulty pulsation damper
    -faulty sensor signals.
    Lower limit:
    -defective mass air flow (MAF) sensor
    -high fuel pressure
    -leaking injectors
    -leaking evaporative emission (EVAP) system
    -contaminated engine oil
    -oil level too high
    -faulty sensor signals.

Fault symptom[s]
    -can result in high fuel consumption
    -may result in poor performance

Not sure why the car won't start now, fuel system is the obvious place to start looking though.

I borrowed a buddies timing light and connected it up and it flashes so I am getting spark. Then I pulled the fuel line off the fuel rail and turned on the ignition. No gas coming out and the fuel gauge is showing half a tank. I will pull the fuel pump relay tonight and test for power to see if it is getting power with the ignition turned on, if so then I will use a jumper wire to jump the fuel pump relay to see if the fuel pump starts spitting out gas from the fuel line at the fuel rail, I hope it is just a bad fuel pump relay.

Ok I pulled the Fuel Pump Relay and tested terminal 15 for power with the ignition key turned on, no problem have power. I removed the fuel line at the fuel rail so I could see if any gas gets pumped out. Then I used a paper clip to jump terminal 15 to terminal 87, turned the ignition key on again and with the terminal jumped I have nothing coming out of the fuel line, not even a drop. Am I to assume the fuel pump has gone bad? Is there anything other test I can run on the fuel pump or anything else anyone can think of?

When was the last time the fuel filter was changed? (possible cause for low pressure).