Default Front Window Will Not Close.. Help Diagnosing!

I have a 98' XC and the drivers side window will not close. It's open all the way.

I have the panel off. and removed the connector to the motor. I have a voltmeter across the 2 pins, blue/green and green wires.

I measure +12v when the window switch is in the up position. I'm assuming this is the correct voltage? If so, looks like the switch i operating properly.

Bottom line, does this mean the motor is bad?

The master window control switch GOES BAD and often
    Replace that first

Yeah, I would at least pull the master window switch and check for corrosion on the contacts for the driver window. It's so easy to pull the switch out and give it a cleaning. I did this on my 00' V70XC yesterday. The switch wouldn't operate the rear driver side window and would only roll the rear passenger side window down but not up. There was a bunch of corrosion on those contacts that I scraped off with an xacto blade. The thing works like a dream now. Here's a good tutorial on getting the switch out and what it looks like when you get it apart:

http://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/200...volvo-s70-v70/

Additional Tip: Pry the switch out from the sides, not the top and bottom as the tutorial suggests. Comes out easier that way.