winnipegtibook Guest

Default DCM code diagnosis - help?

Anti-skid warning, off and on for a week or two. RELUCTANTLY, went to dealer and diagnosed with two codes: DCM-0130, DCM-0136

Recommended doing a software update ($80).
    Anyone have any info they can share regarding the codes, diagrams, schematics etc? If it is a bad sensor, I would try to tackle it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by winnipegtibook View Post
    Anti-skid warning, off and on for a week or two. RELUCTANTLY, went to dealer and diagnosed with two codes: DCM-0130, DCM-0136

Recommended doing a software update ($80).
    Anyone have any info they can share regarding the codes, diagrams, schematics etc? If it is a bad sensor, I would try to tackle it myself.
    See my reply to your message for specifics but I think you mean BCM-130 and BCM-136 which relate to the brake pressure sensor(s) on the master cylinder. According to VIDA, these exist only on those vehicles with the DTSC option and by reading thru what VIDA has to say, it makes sense to the symptoms you are seeing. Without actually touching things, it sounds like a bad wire or connector to me if the problem is intermittent, but that is purely speculative on my part.

Good luck,

Bill
    Western Head, NS CDN

'08 BMW 750i (Black Sapphire)-204K kms to-date
    '05 XC70 (Lava Sand)-296K kms to-date
    '02 V70XC-gone @393K kms
    '05 V70R (Magic Blue)-120K mi to-date - gone
    '96 854R (Red)-real CDN-spec 5-speed R - gone @270k kms
    And other Volvos and misc. Euro stuff

Quote Originally Posted by billr99 View Post
    Without actually touching things, it sounds like a bad wire or connector to me if the problem is intermittent...
    That may very well be the case.
    I also had an "anti skid service required" message a while ago. After "relocating" the connectors under the passenger
    seat (where part of the DSTC system lives), the message went away and hasn't returend (yet)
    144 GL (1974)--->244 GL (1982)--->940 GLE 2.3i (1992)--->XC70 2.5T (2004)--->XC90 T5 (2018)

winnipegtibook Guest

thanks everyone - i have some homework and sleuthing to do this weekend!