We have an '07 XC70, (will have 39k at lease end), that is coming to the end of its 3 year lease at end of August. This is our first lease, so no past experience in the termination process. We had planned to keep the car, and only leased it originally due to the added cash incentives offered up front. Now, the new deals seem so good that I think we are going to bite on an '09 XC70 t6 and let the '07 go back to the lease company (US Bank). The car is really good, no problems at all to date. Tires are at near 8/32nds all around (due to snow tires and full size spare), one small door ding from parking lot (when 3 weeks old) that is less than the size of a quarter, interior is basically unmarked, mostly a single driver without passengers but not yet detailed. Service history is independent Volvo specialty shop for all but the initial 7500 mile check done at dealer, plus interim oil changes and transmission fluid changes done at home with receipts. Do any of you have any insights as to what the lease co. inspection person is likely to challenge or try to assess additional charges for? If I pick up anything needed that I can take care of before the inspection, that would be good. It is due for its 37k service now, so I assume I need to get that done (and we will put at least 2.5k more on it before lease end). I will have the interior and exterior clean when it is inspected, but don't know if it should be really detailed and waxed or just a good wash and vacuum. Do they actually measure brake pad thickness or other specifics aside from looking at conditions and any visible defects? Can I assume that the bank inspection done before we turn it in is a firm statement of final claims, or do they do another one after the car is back? The bank has called several times so far to see about having the inspection scheduled, so I am expecting that it is a final review, but could use others experience.

Thanks for all comments.