Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Nothing like a good slam....

My 04's "position light" problem was the license plate bulb. Slamming the back hatch down usually worked for a few months. I once had 4 bulbs go out all at the same time on a road trip--on the passenger side up front and on the drivers side in the rear. I drove around with spares after that.
    2008 XC70 Black/Sandstone
    previous:
    2004 XC70 Crystal Green/Brown trade in @79K

Quote Originally Posted by gary View Post
    Willy,

A tap is less severe than a thump. And your English is excellent! Much better than my French, Flemish, German, Dutch....
    Thanks for the linguistic respons
    We simply need to have some notion of (to us) foreign languages, otherwise the world is a very small place
    And I assume we hear/see more music/movies in your language than you do in ours
    Willy
    144 GL (1974)--->244 GL (1982)--->940 GLE 2.3i (1992)--->XC70 2.5T (2004)--->XC90 T5 (2018)

I just bought a 2007 XC90, and the upper right taillight is on then off then on (now off)...what a mess. The thump does seem to work for a short time. Can I get this thing to pass inspection? Allen - I see you have replaced your housings - did that remedy the problem, even temporarily? Thanks, all.

Smack it and it goes off for me :P

'05 XC70
    -Pioneer Avic F700bt headunit
    -12 inch Alpine Type R Sub
    -Flat Black Pegs
    -Custom Tinted Windows
    -Custom Mesh Grille
    -OBX Catback Exhaust
    -IPD Silicone Hoses

Quote Originally Posted by splendoradam View Post
    I just bought a 2007 XC90, and the upper right taillight is on then off then on (now off)...what a mess.
    The uppermost tail light is the turn signal. It's supposed to go on then off then on. If you are referring to one of the other lights, you may have a bad bulb. Just change it and you'll be back to normal. Here is a diagram of the tail light bulbs.

On edit: I just noticed that you have an XC90, so the diagram I posted is incorrect. Here are instructions for changing your tail light bulbs (scroll to p. 198). Sorry I didn't see that before...wasn't expecting an XC90 question in this forum.
    Last edited by MoeB; 10-06-2009 at 06:30 PM.
    2001 Volvo V70XC
    Venitian Red/Beige
    Cold Weather/Touring/Premium packages
    08/01 Build Date

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12