Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Orange Triangle Light with Exclamation Point help...like the one marking this thread!

Folks,
    This sounds ridiculous, but does anyone know what this light really means when it comes on? I have read a few cryptic ideas about sensors going bad or otherwise, but does it just mean that a code has been thrown and it is time to drive to the dealership to hook up to their diagnostic machine to find out what?
    I have had this light come on for about a week a month or so ago and now it is back on again. I never took it in (like an idiot) as I wasn't driving the vehicle much at all but I am now concerned, especially because it is back and probably with a vengeance. Any ideas or advice here? Thanks!!

Dubhead

THAT is a CHECK light for something.
    It can be a big problem or a minor inconvenience.
    It says in the little box on the left side of the dash what's wrong
    (Have you bothered to look left?)...and how can a light come on with a vengence, it's a light, it's on or off, simple as that)

JRL...heheh....indeed...I did look left...washer fluid low. Is that all that light indicates is messages in the messages section of the display? When I mean vengence, I mean the issue behind the light has probably gotten worse (if it was the same as when it first came on a month ago). Well I guess I am lucky if all I need to do is top off my washer fluid. Thought I would know this after owning the car 5 years...just can't remember it other times the wiper fluid was low.

That is correct. If it's something else (bad) it will say check engine or check transmission, (that's the one you never want to see!)
    Twist the knob, if they're any other messages they/it will be there.

Let me ask you something; If you read the message, knew it needed wiper fluid, why the hell wouldn't you just add fluid before posting this?

Also did you bother to read your owners manual, all dash lights including the triangle are fully explained in there!

Default totally out of line!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JRL View Post
    That is correct. If it's something else (bad) it will say check engine or check transmission, (that's the one you never want to see!)
    Twist the knob, if they're any other messages they/it will be there.

Let me ask you something; If you read the message, knew it needed wiper fluid, why the hell wouldn't you just add fluid before posting this?

Also did you bother to read your owners manual, all dash lights including the triangle are fully explained in there!
    Your bedside manner never ceases to amaze me - totally rude and out of line.

Talking bedside manner??

heheh....JRL is right in saying what he thinks....I did read the manual a few times and saw the area where it pointed out the dash lights and their meaning...I also read these threads....I had hoped that the light signaled more than just check your messages....I guess I need to clarify a bit more...I added fluid and the light is still on with no messages after scrolling forward and back....

don't worry about me...I'm impossible to offend in forums

Did you tap the end of the turn signal stalk after wiper fluid install?

Doesn't that light also come on if you temporarily disable the traction control or AWD? I don't know if you have those features...I don't....but on my BMW when i disable one of them that yellow triangle comes up to notify me. On the Volvo the buttons are usually just below the climate control.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by elov View Post
    your bedside manner never ceases to amaze me - totally rude and out of line.
    x2

Default I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by ELOV View Post
    Your bedside manner never ceases to amaze me - totally rude and out of line.
    X3

tints, intergrated cool box, picnic table, thule bars &box, volvo tow bar, rear bumper protector, rear skid plate, volvo sat nav and tv, 2.4d geartronic.

East Sussex, UK
    '03 XC70 D5 SE Lux
    '05 Beetle 1.9 TDi
    '92 Scirocco GT2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast