Question Wing profile Crossbars XC70 vs XC90

I have '05 XC70 and would like to get Wing profile Crossbars for it. Someone is selling a slightly used set from '05 XC90, and claims that they're the same.

I know they have different part #'s when searched for on the net, and after calling couple dealers I got conflicting info. Some say that XC90 version is the same as XC70 and some say it is not.

If someone had tried installing Wing Profile Crossbars from XC90 on XC70, would greatly appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,
    Maka

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

I could be mistaken but isn't the width between the roof rails of the XC70 greater than that of the XC90? If that's true, then I have my doubts that the wing profile bars in question would fit. I seem to recall that someone else had brought up a similar scenario a while back.

Red face

Art,

You right, I just tried wing profile crossbars from XC90 on XC70 and they don't fit. The distance between rails on XC70 is a bit wider, so I'll need to look for XC70 version.

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

Here are a couple of online sites that might be worth checking out.

Red Bank Volvo

Boston Volvo

Default Wing Profile Xbars

Hi Maka,

Your profile does not indicate yr location.
    One remark

Boston Volvo can not ship these bars outside the US as somehow the length is an issue for USPS.

I ordered a couple of OEM parts (lockable lug nuts) at http://volvopartspeople.com. Shipping was fine to Taiwan, however, when I ordered the bars these folks ran as well into trouble because of the length

With current conversion rates (usd vs eur) and the shipping cost, ordering in US or Canada is less interesting
    Last edited by Brave855; 11-07-2008 at 02:04 PM.

hi Brave855,

I'm in US and the price from Red Bank Volvo seems the be the cheapest option in US ~$170 for aluminum ones including shipping.

Default Wing Profile Xbars

HI Maka,

OK, then you are luckier than me and you can easily shop around in the US.

Great accessory good luck with buying a pair