Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Check Engine Light- P2407

My 2004 XC70 threw a check engine light last Friday afternoon, several hours (and the second engine start) after gassing up. I checked the fuel cap and drove over the weekend, but the light remained on. I had the code read at a local auto parts shop this morning, and the reading was P2407. I was told that equates to "EGR flow, circuit B low input" or something like that.

What does this mean, what corrective action is required, and can the CEL be reset to see if the same condition that initially triggered the light is still present?

Thanks,
    dc

I think P2407 is an evap system fault code, not an EGR system fault. When you filled up did you top off the tank after the handle shut off? Sometimes that will cause gas to enter the evap system and throw a code. Should clear eventually on its own if so. Otherwise, it might be a bad evap pump, valve circuit issue, or maybe a bad cap gasket. None of these should affect performance...basically an emissions thing (the evap canister system captures gas fumes in the fuel tank).
    2001 Volvo V70XC
    Venitian Red/Beige
    Cold Weather/Touring/Premium packages
    08/01 Build Date

If whatever caused the light to come on resolves by itself, will the light go out on its own? Or does it need to be cleared, even if the abnormal condition no longer exists?

My CEL has gone off on its own for other issues. I'm guessing it will for your problem, but I haven't had that one so I don't know.
    2001 Volvo V70XC
    Venitian Red/Beige
    Cold Weather/Touring/Premium packages
    08/01 Build Date

I was hoping that the CEL would go out on its own, perhaps after my next fill up, but unfortunately that has not happened. Is there a relatively easy way (read: without bringing the car to the dealer) to clear the code and reset the light?

DC

Default Cel 2407

2003 xc70 48k throwing same code. Dealer quoted $500 to drop gas tank and replace a. Sensor, I decided to live with the CEL lit for now. Please keep me/us posted on how this turns for you.

Quote Originally Posted by dcandmc View Post
    I was hoping that the CEL would go out on its own, perhaps after my next fill up, but unfortunately that has not happened. Is there a relatively easy way (read: without bringing the car to the dealer) to clear the code and reset the light?

DC
    If the cause of the code that set the CEL goes away, the CEL should be reset. You can of course force it to reset by disconnecting the battery - subject to the usual warnings about disconnecting the battery on these cars. See Howards page for details: http://www.freewebs.com/howardsvolvos/miscissues.htm

Well, I disconnected the negative battery terminal, ate lunch, and then reconnected the battery according to the instructions on Howard's page. The CEL light is now out, and hopefully the condition that caused it to illuminate no longer exists.

DC

Default Cel 2407

DCandMC , how did this settle out for you? Light go out on it's own?

Quote Originally Posted by dagibby View Post
    DCandMC , how did this settle out for you? Light go out on it's own?
    See my post #8 above. It's been four weeks now, and the light has not come back on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast