Thread: Heated Seats

Default Heated Seats

Usual problem/fix for driver's side heated seat that no longer heats up?

Welcome to the forum. First thing I would check would be the fuse.
    2006 XC70 Ruby Red, mfg 03/06 (traded)
    2005 S80 Ash Gold, mfg 11/04
    2016 XC60 T6 mfg 04/15

Default Heated Seat

The heating pad on the driver side seat developed a short. One spot on the seat became to hot to sit on and the rest of the seat was cold. So I think I need to replace the heating pad. Or wondering if there would be a way to repair the heating pad. Does any one have a procedure for replacing the heating pad?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    The heating pad on the driver side seat developed a short. One spot on the seat became to hot to sit on and the rest of the seat was cold. So I think I need to replace the heating pad. Or wondering if there would be a way to repair the heating pad. Does any one have a procedure for replacing the heating pad?
    why, i sure do have a writeup for you http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/index...opic=76532&hl=
    this is for a 98-00 x70 series car.
    complete with pics and detailed instructions
    if yall want i can try and find the writeup to add rear heated seats as well
    Hailing from the Majestic Rocky Mountain High
    RIP 04-08-09

Extras: Bilstein Hd's, Zimmerman Cross-Drilled Rotors, K&N Air Filter
    IPD HD TCV, Stylin Motors Silicone Hoses, Silverstars, 8000k HID Fogs
    It is illegal to get this high in other states.

Need OEM Volvo Parts?
    Call Daryl Waltrip Volvo
    (800) 689-0021
    Ask for Jamie or Don

I've got the same problem in my '02......the lower grid is open, and as a result neither lower or upper pads work, as the upper pad relies upon the lower one working.The instructions for the earlier models are fundamentally the same, however the grids are NOT the same. In our seats they are a cloth based, glue on grid that has to be melted off basically, and then the new one is peel and stick. All this to be done without breaking off pieces of the seat foam. A new grid for mine is $96 at the dealer (my cost), so I'm not all that anxious to go out and buy that part; not to mention the aggravation of replacing it. It's not right up there on my list of priorities at this time, although it would be nice to have it working.

Dave.
    Our Most Probable Fate Is Death !!!

Default Heater Seats

Thanks Paper for the detailed write up. That is quite the surgical procedure, not for the faint of heart. Although when it is -40C here heated seats are sure nice to have.