Default No power at lower center console

Hello,

I have 2001 xc that I recently purchased. It is primarily a weekend ski car. So far I have enjoyed the car for trips to the mountain. I picked up some studded snows on craigslist for a song and the car is amazing in snow.

I have lost all power to lower center console. None of the buttons on the lower console light up and have power. The orange illumination light below the shifter (that lights up the gear chosen) is gone as well. No code. Everything in the car works other wise. So to sum up, stereo section of console works but everything below has no power. (Checked all the fuses with test probe).

Did a search on this site and didn't see anything obvious. Thanks in advance. This seems like a great resource with no attitude. First Volvo after 25 plus years of Saab 99's and 900's.

Gregg

Default Found the answer...

Common problem. Did a better search under ccm (climate control module) failure. I had just disconnected the battery to weld a tab on the trailer hitch and the module turned itself off.

I have downloaded the Vadis. My question is this? Can I use the Vadis tool available on the internet to reload the software for the CCM to get it to work again? If the battery terminal trick doesn't work is this something that can only be fixed by going to a dealer or shop?

Quote Originally Posted by 99sven View Post
    Can I use the Vadis tool available on the internet to reload the software for the CCM to get it to work again?
    Sorry to hear this happened to you. Hear about this too often and wish there was a preventive solution rather than relying on owner's knowledge on how to dis/reconnect power.

I think you need to buy a subscription to download software with VIDA/DiCE. Don't know if the Chinese clone DiCE will receive a proper subscription if one tried.

Probably have to go to the dealer for software reload to attempt to revive your ECC.

I'm in Redmond area and I have VIDA/DiCE, if you are near me and want to hook up DiCE to see if we can revive it, PM me and we can give it a try. Would be nice if we can find a easy solution to revive these dead ECCs.
    Past Volvos : 01 V70 T5, 01/02 V70XC, 02 V70 NA, 00 V70XC
    Current EV/Hybrid : 13 Tesla S85, 11 Gen3 Prius
    Friends cars under my care 17 Audi A4 Quattro DSG (B9) 05 Audi A4 Manual 6sp Quattro (B7) 04 e320 V6 Auto, 05 Accord 2.4, 08 Element 2.4, 08 Camry Hybrid
    Past Others : 01/03 VW MK4 Turbo/NA/01M. Gen1 Prius, Gen1 CRV, Gen2 Rav4, 02 Town&Country, 06 Corolla, 12 Audi A4 Quattro (B8), 07 Civic 1.6
    https://sites.google.com/view/howardsvolvos