Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

tnx, a good bash on the left tail light also did the trick for me!

I recently replaced the driver side low beam headlight. The bulb failure message cleared and all seemed well... now I am receiving a "bulb failure position lamp" message. Everything I read here in the forum states "position light", should I assume this is the same indication? Secondly, the error message "bulb failure position lamp", does not indicate where the failure is. I removed the driver side headlight assembly and re-installed, there is no change in the error message. I checked the other lights (exterior), can not locate a bulb failure. Help.....

Found that the "amber" light adjacent to the headlight is not lit (this light has an amber lens and is normally lit as part of the day time running lights). It is the same light as the front blinker. The blinker works, but the "amber" light does not. I went to Volvo and purchased a new light and installed it. Still does not light and continues to give me the "bulb failure position lamp" indicator.
    Does anyone have any idea?
    Last edited by va1yankee; 04-22-2015 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Update on Bulb failure position lamp

To the best of my knowledge a "position" light does not refer to the headlights. The most recent time I had that message it was one of the small bulbs in a rear lamp assembly. To see which bulb is out start the car get out and check all the bulbs with the light switch in each possible position.
    Bill
    63 PV544 (attempted restoration)
    83 245 DL OSD (transferred to son)
    85 240 GL OSD (transferred to son)
    03 XC70 OSD (traded-in 4/12)
    05 AWD S80 OSD (transferred to son)
    12 XC70 T6
    16 S60 T5 Drive-E (FWD)

The "position light" is the european concept for the north american expression "parking lights" used too in south america.
    The message refers to tail lights , not headlights.
    In my XC70 2006 , last weekend appear that message and the smack worked to my car. But it lasts two days until the lamp died. Now I have to replace the bulb.
    Saludos amigos
    XC70 2006 with a crappy AW55-51SN trans!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678