Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mink View Post
    My mileage obviously varies. Been thumping successfully on my tail light assembly for a couple of years (and about 35,000km) now.

Had another strange experience a couple of weeks back - on the motorway when the info panel reported that one of my headlights was out (use dips as DRLs). Turned the lights off. Little later turned them on again and all was well again!

Speak nicely to your car, and maybe you can leave your lighting assembly alone.

I say fix the problems now before you find yourself in a predicament.

Tapping on a lighting assembly to make your lights work indicates a problem.

I have a bulb out on the right (passenger side), the one behind the speaker. I read the instructions - removed the cover, pulled out the red pin - it should not come out completely - right?, and then I was stuck. How/what exactly needs to be twisted out (speaker?) to get the access to the bulb? Thanks in advance!

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

You need to push down on the black tab just above the pulled red pin and then it's just a simple matter of pulling/twisting out the speaker.

Hi, computer warns "position light failure" time and time, but my left side position light are okay, could it be the fuss and where is it? It is driving me crazy. Would someone please help!!!

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

Are you quite certain of that? During daylight hours, the light emitted from the bulbs can, at times, be hard to distinguish. Drive into a parking garage or somewhere dimly lit to check that all taillight bulbs on both sides are functioning.

Quote Originally Posted by embiencechaser View Post
    Hi, computer warns "position light failure" time and time, but my left side position light are okay, could it be the fuss and where is it? It is driving me crazy. Would someone please help!!!
    Just a guess here but if the left side is okay, then maybe it's the right side

I am certain if is left side only, however as from this morning, entire left light column is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by L Stewart View Post
    Before you go beating up your car's tail lights, check fuses 30 and 31 in the left side of the dash under the panel. I also just had this problem pop up and found 2 blown fuses. I think mine may have come from hooking up to a trailer with faulty wiring.

Good Luck,

Larry S.
    Where exactly the 31 and 32 fuses can be found? (Maybe I did not bend down enough to see the box.) I replaced the rear position light bulb behind the speaker, but still doesn't work. Contacts looked all clean.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ashpee View Post
    This seems to be a difference between US and European cars. I don't have the amber parking lights, as part of the turn signal. In my car they are behind the main lens (low/high beam). Would like to change though, just to be different over here.
    Can someone tell what really is the difference? Are there different part numbers for the headlight/turn signal assembly, or can it be done by just swapping bulbs or bulb holders?

Regards,
    Hans
    Found it out myself.

For the curious: wiring is present (indicator/position/ground). The sockets for European cars only use 2 wires. I bought 2 bulbs + sockets, fitted and done.

Now I have (extra) orange/amber position lights. Only trouble will be to find those orange bulbs 21/5W over here in Europe in case I need to replace them.

Hans
    Hans
    2000 V70XC 2.4T LPGas
    ash gold pearl outside, oak inside
    Atlantis + Goodyear F1 235/50-18
    [santa] Tellus + Michelin PA2 215/65-16
    NO roofrails, NO badges on hatch

Rear passenger "position" light was out with error msg. Simple light tap on the lens fixed it. Hope the fix lasts. Thanks guys!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast