Default 2001+ V70 XC Radiator Removal

Has anyone out there had the pleasure of replacing a radiator on this car? My 2001 (56k mi) just began leaking. Any words of advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Your radiator has to be dropped from the bottom. You just have to remember to install everything back into place properly. Remember to check all hoses, replace T/Stat if need and pressure test cooling system for leaks. Have fun.
    [2002 V70 XC] Venetian Red Metallic/Blk Leather*33k+ miles
    -Hands-Free Phone Set, all packages except Nav.
    Turbocharger replaced April/2005 under warranty.

[1991 245] Metallic Blue/Blue Leather*175k+ miles my daily beater.
    [1994 854 GLT] *141K+ miles

Member of Volvo High Mileage Club and the miles keeps ROLLING!!

Hey jgustin - did you have any luck with the radiator replacement? I am currently in the same boat. The local Swedish shop wants $800 to do the replacement - seems like a lot. The radiator itself is only about $250 (I see that there are some options at about $200). Maybe they are going to replace all the hoses too?

RedXC - how high do you need to get the front of the car up to get the radiator out the bottom? Will regular ramps work?

A Volvo radiator is more like $400 and if you go aftermarket, most do not FIT very well, not worth it

Not a fun job...

2002 V70XC w/volvoXC.com stickers! MTE Stage 3+

Nice intercooler ifnt420! I haven't heard a lot about performance mods for V70s. I have a '98 Saab 900 turbo 'vert that I'm having a lot of fun tinkering with (upgraded intake, IC, manual boost-pressure controller, suspension mods, etc.) but it is 1) my car - not the wife's and 2) a helluva lot easier to work on that the XC70. I took a closer look at the radiator last night and decided I wasn't going to mess with it - just too much plumbing and not enough space. Plus, if something didn't work perfectly afterwards, I'd be blamed for whatever went wrong (squeaking breaks, door rattles, whatever).