Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: optima battery

Default optima battery

Hi,

I am thinking of putting an Optima battery in my xc, does anyone know which one I need (red, yellow or blue)?

Thank you,
    Patrick

I would think whichever one meets the requirements of the vehicle !!

Dave.

I just replaced mine with an Interstate (MTP-H6) which is an exact fit - looks like a clone except color/label (even has the folding integrated lifting handles). I would imagine that anything other than an exact fit would be difficult to install - it is a tight fit and the hold-down bracket will not tolerate any dimensional changes.

Default Optima

I run red tops in all our volvos - 850 - 945 and the xc70 - works great -

plus if you run the down they dont tend to die as fast -

The red Optima fits in the battery area on the xc? Did you have to make any mods?

Thanks,
    Patrick

Default Optima Batteries for V70 and XC70 generally

I am also considering an Optima spiral cell battery for my 2005 V70 T5 but I can't seem to find any good info regarding what needs to be done to make it fit. The Optima application guide says that they don't make a battery to fit my car but I find that hard to believe. Should I get a red top? yellow top? Also, I am expecting that some custom bracket work might be needed, but I like to see if anyone has been down this road before before I try to reinvent the wheel.

Queens, New York City, United States Of America

Try the new diehard platinum the best AGM battery out there, kicks optima's you know what and gives you a 4 yr free replacement and 8yr prorated, plus 880 cca or 990 cca if you can fit a 65 group size in a volvo lol, One thing though they weight a TON, like 3 times the weight of a regular battery and twice the weight of a optima
    TyranT
    2007 Nissan Altima 2.5S CVT
    HID 6000k,LED'S 20% tint
    2000 Volvo V70XC AWD (SOLD)
    HID Lows/Fogs 6000k, 50%/35% tint, Dual Exhaust, Speedtuning ECU upgrade
    1997 Volvo 965 - 50%/35% tint
    1997 Nissan Altima HID 6000k/ Intake

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrant11429 View Post
    Try the new diehard platinum the best AGM battery out there, kicks optima's you know what and gives you a 4 yr free replacement and 8yr prorated, plus 880 cca or 990 cca if you can fit a 65 group size in a volvo lol, One thing though they weight a TON, like 3 times the weight of a regular battery and twice the weight of a optima

Hmmm, Might look into that - here in Texas - the batteries really cook - Ive been lucky to have been able to squeeze over 5 years out of one optima. Ill look into the sears unit - after all agm is agm. On the 745 I put on one of those thermal blanket/heat shield - Seems to keep the heat away from it.

NO mods to the baton the xc - Ill get the model # if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by papaquebec View Post
    Hi,

I am thinking of putting an Optima battery in my xc, does anyone know which one I need (red, yellow or blue)?

Thank you,
    Patrick
    IIRC, Optima red top is recommended for normal automotive applications. The yellow and blue tops are for deep discharge situations. Also, the battery Volvo recommends for my MY04 XC70 is 600A/115 min. While the Optima red tops have higher CCA, none of the red tops (and only some of the blue and yellow tops) have the required reserve.
    Last edited by goldxc70; 07-08-2008 at 11:11 AM. Reason: fix typo

I just put a red top in my 68 Chevelle. It spins the 468 cubic inch, 500hp engine like a dremel tool. I can't see why an XC needs a large reserve, it it doesn't start with a flick of the key, there's something wrong besides a battery spec....
    '04 XC70, Ice White, Taupe. Original owner (196K miles as of may21). 6 wheel bearings, broken ignition switch, broken turbo downtube flange, failed throttle body, many warped rotors, and a myriad of weird crap. Still my favorite car ever.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast