Default What is the best strut replacement with performance in mind?

I have a 2001 V70XC and have never been real happy with the stock suspension. The suspension has always felt soft and I find that the car wallows too much when pushed. I called IPD today thinking that I would be able to replace the struts with Bilstein HD's but have been told that they do not apply to the XC. I also called up Bilstein HQ on the east coast and have been informed that there is nothing for this model car. Does anyone have suggestions? I also hope that the suggestions are based on what people have tried and had success with. I am really desperate, as I feel the struts crash with every little undulation in the road. S.O.S.

There are no aftermarket struts, install some Volvo 2007 XC struts, they feel a bit stiffer and have more control in them.
    You just can't order by year, you need someone who has an 07 to give you their chassi numbers on the VIN plate, that's the only way they can be ordered.
    (I'm sure someone here can help you)

Default 2007 strut replacements

2007 struts are really that much more superior than 2001. Why do you need to have the 2007 chasis # to order. If I do go with the 2007 struts are there there any other items that are better than the 2001, ie:strut mounts or bearings. Speaking of which what should one use to get the most out of. Thanks.

2002 V70XC w/volvoXC.com stickers! MTE Stage 3+