Default Thinking of Installing XC70 Brushed Aluminum Euro Roof Rails (Chrome) on my 05 V70 T5

I like the look of the brushed aluminum roof rails euro rails on the 2005+ XC70 and I would like to find out about installing a set on my V70 T5. (In another thread someone called these "chrome" rails, but they're not really chrome.) Is there a 2005, 2006, or 2007 XC70 owner out there who wants to sell their brushed aluminum roof rails and trade for my silver uncut molding strip (that would otherwise need to be cut in order for me to install them without a trade) to be reinstalled on the donor XC70 for a clean roof look? Has anyone done this swap? Any thoughts or recommendations? I'll probably be adding a faring as well. Does anyone have extra templates from the roof rail accessories installation instructions? Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by SwimP; 06-21-2007 at 10:40 AM.

Alternatively, If anyone with a 2005, 2006, or 2007 XC70 wants to change their roof rails from the brushed aluminum / brushed chrome roof rails to the black version, I would be interested in purchasing a new set of the black ones from Volvo to trade with you (plus some additional cash for your trouble). I have a 2005 V70 and want to add the brushed aluminum roof rails but they cost twice as much as the black ones directly from Volvo.

Also, I'm still interested in learning as much as possible about installing the rails myself. Any helpful responses would be appreciated. Thanks.

Why don't you just have them painted bright silver, that will look nice if done properly.
    There also were the ALL aluminum (painted) ones off the
    Titanium editions, they have the end caps and the center braces painted the same color as the rails, silver and they look the best!
    Someone on Swedespeed posted a pic of a silver wagon with these and they looked terrific