PDA

View Full Version : Osd drop-off

barrysharp
02-10-2003, 08:09 PM
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">WHAT DROP-OFF DOCUMENTS DO I NEED?
The following documents have to be presented when
you deliver your car for shipment:
 THE VOLVO HOME SHIPMENT VOUCHER
 Vehicle Movement Order.
 Proof of a US social security number, Canadian
citizenship or a Canadian passport
 Valid Registration and automobile insurance
 A copy of the order confirmation and/or bill of sale.
 Members of the Armed Forces must present a
copy of their movement orders (PCS) to the dropoff
agent, to avoid paying Import Duty in the USA.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

The above is an excerpt from the Volvo&#39;s Drop off required docs. What form are people using to show proof of a SS# ?

I also don&#39;t intend to insure my XC70 until I pick it up from my local dealership -- so I don&#39;t understand the &quot;Valid... automobile insurance&quot; requirement. Is Volvo referring to the free OSD insurance docs maybe?

bavioder
02-11-2003, 10:30 AM
I remember seeing that list and we brought all of that info, except insurance info. &nbsp;and they asked to see none of it. &nbsp; Basically, when you pick up the car they give you a book with all of your documentation, owners manual, drop shipment docs, etc. &nbsp; They make a copy of your passport and fill out your marine insurance info and they call you cab and you say goodbye to your car. &nbsp;Be sure to list all of your accessories in the document. &nbsp;As for car insurance, since I was financing my car, it was already in place even though the car is insured by OSD and marine.